Book Title: The Cornerstone: Classroom Management That Makes Teaching More Effective, Efficient, and Enjoyable
Publisher: Due Season Press
Author: Angela S. Powell
Do you constantly repeat instructions? Are you fighting a never-ending paper battle? Strong classroom management is the cornerstone of effective teaching, and this book will help lay the foundation for everything you want to accomplish professionally:
- Designate a place for EVERY type of classroom material
- Turn needy, disorganized children into self-reliant, responsible students
- Develop and teach ANY classroom procedure
- Train the class to follow along, stay on-task, and work together
- Use fun teaching techniques that help you assess student learning
- Eliminate homework hassles and parent miscommunications
- Prevent burnout by enjoying and growing with students
- Construct a self-running classroom that frees you to teach!
Using actual classroom photographs, forms, and dialogue examples, The Cornerstone
will show you how to design instructional routines that facilitate learning. It will guide you through each step of communicating and reinforcing your expectations. Learn how to create a vision for your classroom and TEACH for it!