Book Title: Doing Survey Research, 3rd Edition
Author: Peter M. Nardi
The significantly updated third edition of this short, practical book prepares students to write a questionnaire, generate a sample, conduct their own survey research, analyze data, and write up the results, while learning to read and interpret excerpts from published research. It combines statistics and survey research methods in a single book.Features of the Third Edition:
- Updates data and examples from contemporary academic and popular articles, including ones focused on topics related to social media, websites, and blogs, relevant to today's web-oriented students.
- Strengthens connections between questionnaire design, online surveys, and statistical analysis.
- Includes new methods for web-based surveys--and discussion of issues the surveys raise.
- Expands research examples to reflect a greater diversity of subject fields and topics, such as sociology,education, political science, health, social work, psychology, and communications.
- Adds new "Test Yourself" exercises to each chapter with answers in the appendix and on the book's website.
- Accompanied by an author-written Instructor's Manual with test questions.
- Provides additional guidance, research ideas, references, and examples for each chapter of the book on the new Doing Survey Research website.